Tips and Tricks: Success with Mactac wallCHALKER™ chalkboard vinyl
Introduced at the 2013 SGIA Expo, Mactac wallCHALKER is one of the newest products to join the extensive Matac® portfolio. Designed to be used for chalkboard applications, this semi-rigid film installs and removes with ease. Keep in mind, this product behaves like traditional chalkboards; for best results, the installed decal/panels should be primed prior to use following these steps:
1. Simply cover the entire writing area with 100 percent white chalk and let sit a few minutes. Then, erase with a dry, felt eraser. You are now ready for an easy-to-write-on and easy-to-erase surface. Priming your Mactac wallCHALKER will minimize “ghosting” and help ensure a long-lasting decal.
2. You can use standard chalk or liquid chalk markers to create your designs.
3. If using regular chalk, use an eraser or a Mtac felt squeegee.
4. If using liquid chalk, simply wipe clean with a damp cloth or spray with water; let sit for 30 seconds and then wipe clean using a damp cloth.
5. Do not use strong indoor wall cleaners like Fantastic®, Windex®, Clorox® wipes or anything containing mild to strong solvents, ammonia or an abrasive.